Wednesday, November 18, 2009

last of the jalapenos

I made some vegan black bean and tempeh chili today with the last of the jalapenos from the greenhouse - and cornbread using the recipe from New Recipes from Moosewood cookbook. I also added some tomatoes that I'd stewed and frozen, and some fresh oregano. Just sautee some onions and garlic with the tempeh, add chili powder, cayenne, oregano, and a spoonful of chipotle puree (kept in the freezer and chipped off as needed). Throw in some beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and the peppers and simmer for about an hour.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have an award for you on my blog. I enjoying reading your posts and thanks for blogging! No need to participate in the awards if you don't want to. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!
    I love Victoria, and B.C. in general. Visit as often as possible, which is not nearly enough.
    Good to find you on Blotanical. It's quite the meeting place!!
    Cheers, Alice
    aka Bay Area Tendrils Garden Travel

    ReplyDelete