Saturday, October 3, 2009

scorchingly good green tomato salsa ole~!

I picked a big bowl of the last of the Early Girl tomatoes - they're still green, and still good! I decided to make a really hot green tomato salsa that will bring spiciness to food all Winter long. I added some Thai Dragon peppers to the mix, some cilantro and extra garlic for good measure. The salsa is quite hot, and a little will go a long way. It would even be great added to my regular, not so hot salsa, for extra kick. Here is the basic recipe: 4 cups chopped green tomatoes 2 cups sweet peppers (red or green bell peppers)chopped 2 cup jalapeno peppers chopped 1 cup onion chopped 2 tsp sea salt 1 1/2 cups organic apple cider vinegar 3 - 6 cloves garlic (I used 6) cilantro to taste Simmer in a large pot for 15 minutes, pack into hot, sterilized jars, put into a hot water bath for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment