Sunday, January 5, 2014

back to work lunches!

I received this cookbook as a gift and have been waiting to get back to work so I can try some lunch recipes! The first recipe I'm trying is the Chimichurri Pumpkin Bowl:
This is the photo from the cookbook!


lots of cilantro and parsley go into the sauce:2 cloves garlic, 1/2 cup pepitas, 2 cups parsley and 1 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1\4 cup water, 1 Tbs olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1\2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes.
I strained the sauce as it was a bit watery

my version! I used squash instead of pumpkin
I've had this cookbook for many years, and it's an old standby - I usually make the Greek lentil soup, but thought I'd try the pea soup for a change....


It is a nice, thick soup for a cold, Winter's day - I used some leeks from the garden!

My garlic didn't grow very well this year - next best thing is buying organic, locally grown wonderful garlic - I got these from the store down the street:http://thelocalgeneralstore.ca/

adding some roasted beets makes......

A gorgeous pink hummus!!!  






This week's lunches will help make going back to work more pleasant. I will be sharing the pink hummus so we'll all have garlic breath together!

No comments:

Post a Comment