Growing sprouts is easy and fun - just soak them overnight in a big jar, use a piece of nylon mesh held on with a rubber band, drain and set in a spot out of sunlight for a few days: rinse as often as possible. These sprouts are organic mung beans, adzuki, lentils and chickpeas - you can buy them all bulk at the Seed of Life Natural Foods on Government St. Sprouting Advantages from Making Love In The Kitchen:
- Enzymes are activated- necessary for food digestion
- Proteins convert to free amino acids- building blocks of our bodies
- Starches change to simple sugars.
- Minerals combine to increase assimilation.
- Vitamin content increases from 3 to 12 or more times.
- Chlorophyll and carotene content increase dramatically when exposed to sunlight.
- Home-grown sprouts are cheap cheap cheap